An area of the garden was cleared of brambles to create a social space to encourage more users and create a safe cooking space for local gardeners and residents.
Robin Hood Community Garden
The community participants benefited from participation in the design and learned how to:
- Make foundations using recycled crushed concrete found onsite.
- Make clay mortars and build a brick plinth.
- Build an arch using engineering bricks
- Identify different bricks and their uses in construction
- Make insulating layers using recycled materials such as sawdust
We ran a series of workshops including:
Building an oven
Clay based renders
Firing and cooking lessons